How do you arrange/keep children’s book

Old July 3rd 03, 01:23 PM
Jean

Default How do you arrange/keep children’s book

Dear all, firstly, I would like to thank everyone who has contributed
to my recent posts/questions. I have gained and learned a lot of tips.
Thanks for sharing.

Here is my next question.
I have put all DD’s (3yo) story books in a plastic rectangle
container on the floor with the books back-to-back (not stack/pile
up). Reading time, I like DD to choose the stories. She is able to
find by looking at the cover but because of the way the books are
kept, she is only able to view the narrow side description (the way we
see it in library). If the books are leaning to one direction, it is
too heavy for her to push it in the opposite direction to view the
cover. Hope you can imagine what I am saying. A book display shelf
(staggered with books facing front) is ideal but too costly and I
don’t want all the books to be lying around on the floor. Any
idea how to display them neatly for DD to select? How are your books
kept? Thank you in advance.

jean

Old July 4th 03, 12:19 AM
Ruth Luce

A great solution: Buy a bunch of rubber "dish pans", the kind you keep in
the sink for filling with soapy water. Use these to store books in your
child's bookshelf. You can use plastic tubs or baskets of any kind, but
make sure you get strong ones (baskets usually break pretty soon, so the
sink kind is a good strong choice). This way, the child can remove one tub
at a time, and also CLEAN UP one tub at a time. Children who are too young
to shelve properly can easily shelve this way.

As the child gets older, and ready to learn about sorting/colors/etc, you
can use different colored tubs for different size/kinds of books. Try to
NOT use the same colors for toys, as that can confuse little ones about what
they are allowed to put in the shelf.

m...