Alfred Cutner

Old December 24th 07, 04:28 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jihadist

Default Alfred Cutner

Alfred S Cutner, Gyneacologist practicing at UCHL, Portland & King
Edward iiv Hospitals.

On 26th April I was reviewed and placed on waiting list for surgery by
a member of the team of the above. A recommendation was made at that
consultation that I see a haematologist but no referral was ever made.

Despite recommendation I discontinue medication 6 weeks prior to
surgery, I was given 4 weeks notice before admission. A pre-op
assessment never took place, partly because my notes had not arrived
and the very young member of the team I saw on that occasion didn't
really seem to know what to do.

The pre-op assessment nurse I saw made very inappropriate personal
comments and sabotaged the whole admission by not carrying out all
the necessary tests, made the whole process extremely difficult and
even on the day of admission, 2nd July manipulated events in such a
way that necessary tests could not be carried out and the necessary
prep could not be carried out. UCHL is still refusing to release her
name to me as it is necessary to report her to the UK Nursing and
Midwifery Council as she is more than likely to harm other patients
that are being subjected to her, given the abuse she subjected me to.

On arrival on the ward, her deceit quickly became known; a bed had
only come available at 3 pm where she claimed she had rung me at 1 pm
to say a bed had become available. To make matters worse, patient
confidentiality was breached in a serious way on several occasions.
When I spoke to nurse in charge of ward concerning this, he corrected
what he could and raised the issue during the next handover, resulting
in key nurse turning extremely hostile.

When treating surgeon came to see me prior to surgery, these issues
were raised as well as the fact that I was feeling extremely unwell.
This resulted in the immediate accusation that I was not
psychologically ready for surgery. Normal protocol is that physical
concerns are investigated before even alluring to "psychological
issues". Certainly where it is evident that not all necessary tests
etc have been carried out.

Needless to say, surgery was cancelled and I was told by key nurse
that "the bed was needed" before she walked away. I could not even
have so much as a cup of tea after two days fasting and having the
surgery I'd been waiting for for 7 years cancelled through no fault of
my own. The next day I received an outpatient appointment for in 6
months time.

Initially I made a complaint, both to complaints department and
doctor; I then asked for it to be temporarily suspended if there could
be a meeting with treating surgeon to resolve outstanding issues -
which never materialized - as well as appointment being brought
forward which was done.

In the meantime, because by then three doctors had recommended I see a
haematologist, all of whom failed to refer me, I was left with no
option but to see one privately as I was really feeling ill. This care
is normally available on the NHS but was not being made available to
me. Being on Income Support, I obviously can not afford this but
reimbursement is not forthcoming as yet. The results of the clinical
tests carried out were very worrying; even then, I was very concerned
that these would provoke professional embarrassment given the
accusation of "psychologically not being ready" for surgery, despite
the fact that all the clinical indications make this surgery of
extreme urgency and exceptional need.

In the meeting intended to resolve outstanding issues, nothing was
resolved, primarily through the presence of Alfred Cutner who had no
intention to resolve outstanding matters whatsoever, while other
issues were resolved between treating surgeon and myself. Then came a
letter from Alfred Cutner accusing me of lying about test results
( despite a formal report by haematologist giving as diagnosis primary
APS - no monkey snot! ) dated 17th October and implying I didn't want
the surgery. In said meeting he also openly accused me of wasting time
and resources. A very inappropriate remark to make in any
circumstances, especially in mine. Alfred Cutner also intended to make
a in house referral to a general physician to oversee general health
matters, thereby stating that in house referrals can be made - so why
not the recommended referral to haematologist that was needed
presumably before surgery could be undertaken? I was also accused of
faking symptoms of a serious illness - primary APS aka Hughes Syndrome
- to get out of the surgery!

That was the final straw and I defended myself against these
accusations. Immediately I was removed from the waiting list for
surgery which is getting more urgent by the day. On five occasions
have I tried to resolve issues, none of which were of my making except
the way I complained to treating surgeon about events in July and
these were resolved between him and myself. The person supposed tto
mediate between Alfred Cutner and myself made a set of statements to
me in opne week and stated completely the opposite the week after; she
has not even tried to amicably mediate and resolve the situation.

Despite removing ( on 25ht October) me from his list for fully funded
surgery, Alfred Cutner has not referred me on as a matter of urgency
to another doctor to be treated as priority - normal protocol - given
I've been on waiting list since April 2006 and due for surgery in July
2006 in the same hospital. I find myself once again without the
prospect of any treatment at all, however urgent as at extreme risk of
both developing cancer as well as needing to come off all hormones
given the objective clinical diagnosis of primary APS.

Before the reader considers to accept Alfred Cutner as doctor, he is
advised to consider

· The total lack of care condoned by Alfred Cutner
· Breach of patient confidentiality condoned by Alfred Cutner
· Acting against best interest of his patients.
· Acting against patients health and welfare
· Denial of the right to appropriate treatment
· Denial of the right to treatment full stop.
· Whether he wants to accept unfounded accusations.
· To have a doctor happy to operate without being fully aware of all
the clinical conditions.
· To have a doctor happy to operate without investigating any possibly
clinical conditions when being made aware of them.
· Not forward a patient to another doctor despite exceptional clinical
need based on personal dislike and professional embarrassment.
· Leave you in limbo for months on end with total disregard for
personal loss incurred, financially, professionally and personally.
· To remain ill to a greater degree through the refusal of treatment
for longer than necessary.
· Whether a dishonest, unjust, vindictive, greedy, power-madman
malicious liar is a doctor you would choose to be "treated" by?

On the NHS or privately?

Anyone else been the victim of Alfred S Cutner? Anyone wishes to?

I am still awaiting the release of the names of the 2 nurses to report
to the UK Nursing and Midwifery Council which the hospital refuses to
release to me.

Update

I am now in possession of the opinion of another Consultant
Gyneacologist who writes:

"Firstly, i am convinced that there are good medical grounds for a
total hysterectomy and bilateral oophorectomy."

Meaning that there is no elective element in having this procedure
done. This letter is dated 14/12/07

As have several doctors said, and that since 2004, "exceptional
clinical need to have this procedure done."

So far, I've not even had a pre-op assessment yet Alfred Cutner was
perfectly happy to cut me open without it, despite my age, angina and
polycythaemia; add to this primary APS which should and could have
been picked up prior to operation date of 3rd July 2007.