Help! Hair Everywhere!

Old January 7th 05, 02:28 AM
Weezie

Default Help! Hair Everywhere!

Except on my head. Hello everyone. I know I shouldn't be concerned, but
this is getting scary. I'm 4 months post-partum and I'm losing a LOT of
hair since dd was about 3 1/2 mos. old. It's everywhere, all over baby,
all over bedding, dust bunnies the size of actual bunnies on the floor.
I've kind of stopped taking my multi-vitamins, could this be
contributing or is it purely hormonal? Someone tell me this is going to
end soon.

-Weezie

Old January 7th 05, 02:34 AM
A&G&K&H

"Weezie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Except on my head. Hello everyone. I know I shouldn't be concerned, but
this is getting scary. I'm 4 months post-partum and I'm losing a LOT of
hair since dd was about 3 1/2 mos. old. It's everywhere, all over baby,
all over bedding, dust bunnies the size of actual bunnies on the floor.
I've kind of stopped taking my multi-vitamins, could this be
contributing or is it purely hormonal? Someone tell me this is going to
end soon.

-Weezie

*Waves* Shedding right along with you.
Its normal and (based on what happened last time with DD) it *will* stop.
It is hormonal, and multivitamins don't help much (but they are helping me
with my nails which have become brittle).
In our house, there's double the amount of hair everywhere - DS was born
with a thick head of hair and he's now shed most of that. .... and it
doesn't help that its hot and humid here (Bris, Australia) today and the
hair *sticks* to our bare skin -ughhhhhh!
Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old January 7th 05, 02:42 AM
zolwica

Weezie wrote:
Except on my head. Hello everyone. I know I shouldn't be concerned, but
this is getting scary. I'm 4 months post-partum and I'm losing a LOT of
hair since dd was about 3 1/2 mos. old. It's everywhere, all over baby,
all over bedding, dust bunnies the size of actual bunnies on the floor.
I've kind of stopped taking my multi-vitamins, could this be
contributing or is it purely hormonal? Someone tell me this is going to
end soon.

-Weezie

I can't tell you that it'll end soon, but I can tell you that I have
been shedding hair like I am bolding soon too

Mona
Old January 7th 05, 03:00 AM
Weezie

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad I'm not alone over here. Oh, and
did I say dust bunnies? That's a whole other issue. I meant hair hares!
-Weezie

Old January 7th 05, 03:08 AM
Weezie

Also, I don't know if you guys are finding this to be true, but I find
that I'm losing the most hair when DD is starting to lose a lot more of
her baby fuzz. I immediately thought there must be some connection,
like my hormones going into her through milk and allowing her to lose
her hair too, but then I thought, what about formula fed babies? They
lose their hair also, and they don't get mama's hormones. Must be a
coincidence.

:-)

Weezie

Old January 7th 05, 07:31 AM

Hi, the good news is that it'll grow back bigtime around 6 months...
around 8 months pp I noticed lots of short plumy hair on my head :-)
Steffi and Yotam almost 1 y/o

Old January 7th 05, 11:10 AM
Welches

"Weezie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Except on my head. Hello everyone. I know I shouldn't be concerned, but
this is getting scary. I'm 4 months post-partum and I'm losing a LOT of
hair since dd was about 3 1/2 mos. old. It's everywhere, all over baby,
all over bedding, dust bunnies the size of actual bunnies on the floor.
I've kind of stopped taking my multi-vitamins, could this be
contributing or is it purely hormonal? Someone tell me this is going to
end soon.

-Weezie

I found it was bad until about 6 months. I still lose slightly more hair
than normal at 14 months pp.
Debbie

Old January 7th 05, 03:08 PM
Welches

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, the good news is that it'll grow back bigtime around 6 months...
around 8 months pp I noticed lots of short plumy hair on my head :-)
Steffi and Yotam almost 1 y/o

Not quite right:
During pregnancy your hair usually grows thicker (and longer). You're losing
the excess you gained, when you lose it afterwards.
Debbie

Old January 7th 05, 04:02 PM
JJ

me too! DD is 4 1/2 months old and I leave hair everywhere and am
clogging drains. I don't miind my hair thinning out a bit (more
manageable) but I wish it would just all fall out and be done with
already.
Jess

Old January 7th 05, 09:14 PM
l.abrams

I just wonder how long I will have to put up with the extra bodyhair that I
gained during pregnancy. Anyone have any idea?

"Welches" wrote in message

oups.com...