Strep throat - scarlettina

Old October 22nd 06, 06:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Susan M

Default Strep throat - scarlettina

Well, we're back from Switzerland and the hikes went well. Baby is moving
lots more so I'm feeling better about that.

I took a one month contract with an intense deadline, that started the day
after I came back - I'm the only financial one there and it is a securities
filing that I can't miss. I'm knee deep in that with the long hours (zzzz)
and have to play a concert in two weeks (my first degree was music - french
horn) that involves a wind serenade - only 11 of us on stage and nowhere to
hide. Have to practice at least an hour a day.

And my razor blade sore throat has turned white and I have my signature red
torso rash, signifying scarlet fever. I'm allergic to most antibioitics
though can take erithromycin, which isn't super effective anymore with the
adaptations of the strep bacteria - seems resistant. I will see the doc
tomorrow but don't really want to take antibioitics. I've done some reading
that states that erithromycin is ok, though classified as type B.
Complications from anitbioitics seem worst when you have a preterm baby and,
at 25 weeks, I'm not close enough to know when the baby is going to be born.
What I'd really like is to go to sleep but if I don't go to work right now
I'll blow my deadline. Still have to practice tonight. Complications from
strep are rare but serious so it seems that they always tend to treat it.
Hmmmm... we'll see what the doc comes up with tomorrow.

Thanks for listening. I don't look forward to the next two weeks.

SM

Old October 24th 06, 03:11 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Cathy Weeks

Susan M wrote:
[...]

I really don't know what to say... however, because I was group B strep
positive, I was given antibiotics during labor, and as I'm allergic to
penicillan, I was given Erythromyacin, and had no complications. Now,
that was with a full-term fetus, not a 25-weeker, so I really cannot
advise you.

Cathy Weeks