Positive HPT!

Old October 23rd 06, 02:33 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
KLR

Default Positive HPT!

Well the test was positive which I am over the moon about. According
to calculations I should be 5 weeks pregnant. I called the doctor this
morning about booking a first ante-natal appointment, and mentioned
that I had experienced some abdominal cramping over the weekend. She
was most depressing and negative about it and said that I am at risk
from miscarriage at this stage but that it could be uterine stretching.

Did anyone else experience similar pains, and if so, did you have a
happy ending or otherwise?

I am doing everything else as should be done - cut out caffeine and
alcohol, eating plenty fruit & veg and trying to relax now the initial
shock has worn off.

KLR

Old October 23rd 06, 04:24 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
KLR

That's really reassuring to hear. I know there is a risk at this stage
but you still want to hear those magic words "it'll be alright" and
"we've been through it before".

Thanks!

KLR

Old October 24th 06, 03:02 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Yiddishkeit

KLR wrote:
Well the test was positive which I am over the moon about. According
to calculations I should be 5 weeks pregnant. I called the doctor this
morning about booking a first ante-natal appointment, and mentioned
that I had experienced some abdominal cramping over the weekend. She
was most depressing and negative about it and said that I am at risk
from miscarriage at this stage but that it could be uterine stretching.

Did anyone else experience similar pains, and if so, did you have a
happy ending or otherwise?

I had cramping in the first trimester with all five of mine. Its
probably just uterine stretching. If you are not spotting or bleeding
along with the cramping its probably just normal.

Old October 24th 06, 03:38 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
KLR

No spotting or bleeding thankfully. I keep talking to little one
telling them to be good and stay where they are for mummy! Only had 3
bouts of cramping today, not as bad as previously either so am taking
that as a good sign and remaining positive and looking forward to next
stage!

KLR

Old October 24th 06, 04:18 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
sharalyns

KLR wrote:
Well the test was positive which I am over the moon about. According
to calculations I should be 5 weeks pregnant. I called the doctor this
morning about booking a first ante-natal appointment, and mentioned
that I had experienced some abdominal cramping over the weekend. She
was most depressing and negative about it and said that I am at risk
from miscarriage at this stage but that it could be uterine stretching.

Did anyone else experience similar pains, and if so, did you have a
happy ending or otherwise?

I am doing everything else as should be done - cut out caffeine and
alcohol, eating plenty fruit & veg and trying to relax now the initial
shock has worn off.

KLR

Congratulations! Ignore the doc--she's giving you worst case scenario
so that you can't come back and say, "You didn't tell me....." and to
prepare you mentally just in case. Abdominal cramping in the first
trimester is often a symptom of uterine stretching, so unless you are
having spotting or bleeding along with it, I wouldn't borrow trouble.
:-)

You are doing what you can, and that's all you can do. ((hugs))

Sharalyn
mom to Alexander James (9/21/01)

Old October 24th 06, 04:23 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"KLR" wrote in message
oups.com...
No spotting or bleeding thankfully. I keep talking to little one
telling them to be good and stay where they are for mummy! Only had 3
bouts of cramping today, not as bad as previously either so am taking
that as a good sign and remaining positive and looking forward to next
stage!

Congratulations!
I've had period like cramping at 4-5 weeks with all 3 so far. I thought it
was pretty usual at that time. I have to say #3 has definitely given me the
most pain that way too. and I'm still getting cramping pain (at just about 6
weeks)
Debbie

Old October 25th 06, 01:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Leahbelle'sMommy

No worries. I have only had one baby.. DD is now 4 months old. My
first 2 months of pregnancy were odd ones... Before I found out I was
pregnant, the "morning sickness" I had was thought to be the stomach
flu - then when I found out I was pregnant it went away... But, I
ended up having cramps instead. My doctor told me that it was my
body's way of getting used to not have a period each month. I even
spotted (brown) a little, which she also said was just left over blood
from previous... So I say, as long as you are not spotting or severly
bleeding - no worries. I hate when doctors are cold about what they
say. Although your doctor is correct, the first trimester is the most
important... Don't let that scare you. You've followed all of the
correct steps - no caffeine, no smoking, no drinking... Taking it easy
- that's what you need to do!

Congratulations! I'm super excited for you! I cannot wait until we
have a second baby... I truly enjoyed being pregnant and I absolutely
love being a mom! My daughter is a true gift! Enjoy your pregnancy!!!
and Take Care!

Old October 26th 06, 01:27 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
M Sullivan

We're just past the halfway mark and I remember having same pains early on.
We found out at 4 weeks and I had cramping very similar to period pains for
at least 2-3 weeks. Doc is just telling you worst case scenario to cover
her butt.

Good luck and congratulations!!!

-Mel

oups.com...