Flu Shots

Old October 14th 04, 06:11 AM
Carol Ann

Default Flu Shots

It was recommended for babies 6 months and above.

Are you getting one for your child?

--
~Carol Ann
www.lowcarblosers.com ~ Home of the FREE Monthly Weightloss Challenge

Old October 14th 04, 06:18 AM
Nan

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 05:11:38 GMT, "Carol Ann"
scribbled:

It was recommended for babies 6 months and above.

Are you getting one for your child?

No. We've never gotten flu shots for any family members. I mentioned
it to her ped. today and he said they would give her one if I wanted.
I'm thinking due to the apparent shortage that there are those out
there that need it worse than we do.

Nan

Old October 14th 04, 06:29 AM
Pip

No, none of the family have them.

Old October 14th 04, 06:41 AM
Donna Metler

According to my OB, he's having trouble even getting a supply for his
practice-in fact, the entire hospital system he's with is having trouble-so
even if you want to get it and it's recommended, you may find it difficult.

Old October 14th 04, 07:26 AM
The Watsons

"Plissken" wrote in message
I am going to get the Doc to give Maddy a shot in a couple of weeks. The
only reason being that we are going to the Dominican Republic for a few
weeks at the end of November and I am taking extra precautions.

we're getting one because i always get the flu otherwise, and we can't
afford for any of us to be sick, especially with midterms/finals coming up
(five exams next week, someone shoot me now) for both him and i...

Jess

Old October 14th 04, 09:14 AM
Anne Rogers

It was recommended for babies 6 months and above.

Are you getting one for your child?

they aren't recommended here, unless you have specific health problems or
are over 65

I wish I could get one, last time I had flu, I came down with it on a flight
to New York, I spent a week hiding in a basement appartment in queens and
flew home again, what a waste, though I did discover Tylenol cold and flu,
which is better than anything we can get here.

Old October 14th 04, 01:31 PM
Sue

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
It was recommended for babies 6 months and above.

Are you getting one for your child?

--
~Carol Ann

We get them because our family is high risk. Due to the shortage this year,
unless your child has risk factors or is in day care then yes they are
reccommending that babies get them. However, if they are not in daycare and
are otherwise healthy, then no because there are other people who need them
more who fall into the high risk category.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 14th 04, 01:54 PM
Elana Person

Yup, both my boys are getting them this afternoon in fact. DS#2 is high
risk as he has asthma and ends up on a weeks worth of nebulizer treatments
when he gets a cold. Since they are both in daycare full time, we are also
giving it to DS#1.

Elana
Mom to Timmy 1/5/01 and Sam 8/28/02

Old October 14th 04, 02:35 PM
Carol Ann

According to my OB, he's having trouble even getting a supply for his
practice-in fact, the entire hospital system he's with is having
trouble-so
even if you want to get it and it's recommended, you may find it
difficult.

Morgan has an appointment to get her shot on November 3rd. I'm torn. I'm
afraid NOT to give it to her and afraid TO give it to her.

I read about so many babies who died from the flu. We work at the liquor
store and she is exposed to people who are "less clean" than most people
(even kids!).

She is breastfed so hopefully that will boost her immune system. I'm just
so scared NOT to protect her.....

~Carol Ann

Old October 14th 04, 02:38 PM
Carol Ann

It was recommended for babies 6 months and above.

Are you getting one for your child?

--
~Carol Ann

We get them because our family is high risk. Due to the shortage this
year,
unless your child has risk factors or is in day care then yes they are
reccommending that babies get them. However, if they are not in daycare
and
are otherwise healthy, then no because there are other people who need
them
more who fall into the high risk category.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

I guess I COULD skip the one for myself. Last year I took it because I was
pregnant. I'm more worried about my mother (61 this year). I'm going to
try to get her to take one.

Kevin refuses do to the contamination of last year's batch which led to a
few deaths (he was telling me about it but I wasn't quite focused on
listening). Kevin is a RN.

~Carol Ann
~Carol Ann

Steroid shots... Carli Groven Pregnancy 6 September 30th 04 10:22 PM
Shots and firemen Jill Pregnancy 5 July 15th 04 11:37 PM
Rachel's shots... Jill Pregnancy 11 June 11th 04 07:19 PM
Booster shots may reduce chickenpox rates JG Kids Health 9 March 4th 04 09:34 PM
When will the MMR shot be available as separate shots? Jay Kids Health 1 December 21st 03 03:40 PM