Jail time? Whats it like?

Old December 17th 04, 07:11 AM
tryndie

Default Jail time? Whats it like?

Has anyone here actually spent time in jail for child support violations?
How about regular prison? If so I have some questions for you:
1. Do they throw you in with murderers and regular criminals or do they keep
you in a seperate area?
2. How do you pass the time?
3. Do they force you to work while there?
4. How's the food?
5. Any rules I should know before my first visit to the graybar hotel?

Old December 18th 04, 01:50 AM
Lanark

Spent some time in a county jail, it's not as bad as people want you to
believe! Mostly it's the boredom that you try to deal with.

And yes, you are grouped in with the light offenders like DUI, fraud and
other non violent offences.

news:1103267527.6977945523116e383f2ced472a800f3a@m eganetnews2...

Old December 18th 04, 03:46 AM
AZ Astrea

"Lanark" wrote in message
ink.net...
Spent some time in a county jail, it's not as bad as people want you to
believe! Mostly it's the boredom that you try to deal with.

And yes, you are grouped in with the light offenders like DUI, fraud and
other non violent offences.

-------------------
Here in Pima county you are in with the general jail population. Some
particularly heinous criminals are kept in solitary for their 'protection'.
Also here the jail is so overcrowded they are putting 6 men in a cell meant
to hold 1. That causes a bit of tension sometimes. There are always
anywhere from 20 to 50 guys in jail for child support/contempt warrants.
Either for that charge alone or in many cases it's an additional charge to
what they were originally arrested for. And yeah, the boredom will drive
you crazy.

~AZ~

Old December 18th 04, 01:31 PM
Moon Shyne

"AZ Astrea" wrote in message

"Lanark" wrote in message
ink.net...
Spent some time in a county jail, it's not as bad as people want you to
believe! Mostly it's the boredom that you try to deal with.

And yes, you are grouped in with the light offenders like DUI, fraud and
other non violent offences.

-------------------
Here in Pima county you are in with the general jail population. Some
particularly heinous criminals are kept in solitary for their 'protection'.
Also here the jail is so overcrowded they are putting 6 men in a cell meant
to hold 1. That causes a bit of tension sometimes. There are always
anywhere from 20 to 50 guys in jail for child support/contempt warrants.
Either for that charge alone or in many cases it's an additional charge to
what they were originally arrested for. And yeah, the boredom will drive
you crazy.

Here, you're put in the Huber Facility - work release. You go to your job in
the morning, you come back at the end of the day. The other inmates are
similarly non-violent, usually CS and DUI cases.

The OP almost seems to be looking forward to this grand adventure at the
"Graybar Hotel" rather than work out a way to support his/her child.

~AZ~

Old December 18th 04, 04:15 PM
Lanark

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

The OP almost seems to be looking forward to this grand adventure at the
"Graybar Hotel" rather than work out a way to support his/her child.

I don't mind paying CS, it's the extortionate rates and unreasonable
expectations that really get under my skin.
The way the DA talks about payments, you would think you were standing in a
Cadillac dealership!
"yes Mr. Smith, your payments will just be $440 per month and with the
arrearage payments that comes to only $1176!".

These people are so callous, they have lost their perspective on real life!

I can't remember any point of my life of ever having that kind of money, yet
I'm expected to start doling this sum of cash out every month starting
February.

My life is ruined!

Old December 18th 04, 04:19 PM
Moon Shyne

"Lanark" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

The OP almost seems to be looking forward to this grand adventure at the
"Graybar Hotel" rather than work out a way to support his/her child.

I don't mind paying CS, it's the extortionate rates and unreasonable
expectations that really get under my skin.
The way the DA talks about payments, you would think you were standing in a
Cadillac dealership!
"yes Mr. Smith, your payments will just be $440 per month and with the
arrearage payments that comes to only $1176!".

These people are so callous, they have lost their perspective on real life!

I can't remember any point of my life of ever having that kind of money, yet
I'm expected to start doling this sum of cash out every month starting
February.

My life is ruined!

Ruined? Don't you think that's a bit melodramatic? Ok, you have to pay more to
support your kids than you either expected or anticipated - clearly, you weren't
paying at some point in time of you wouldn't have that sort of arrearage......

Ruined?

Ruined is when you have a blood transfusion and find out that you got AIDS from
it. Ruined is when you are struck by a drunk driver who has no insurance and
you wake up from a 6-month coma to find you're a quadriplegic and your entire
family was killed in the crash.

Ruined over child support money? Get some perspective.

Old December 18th 04, 05:37 PM
Phil #3

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"AZ Astrea" wrote in message

"Lanark" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

What makes you so sure he's NOT supporting his child??
He's talking about being jailed for failure to pay child support and you've
been around long enough to know child support does not have a damn thing to
do with supporting children.
Phil #3

~AZ~

Old December 18th 04, 05:46 PM
Phil #3

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Lanark" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

[...]

As ususal, talking out your ass.
Why don't you stick to subjects you know something about?
You may think being forced to support a lazy person and at the same time
being forced out of your children's life unimportant but that's just because
you dont' know what the hell you're talking about.
Losing one's children through divorce is comparable to losing one to death;
I've done both, can YOU say the same?
No, I thought not. You've never lost a child by ANY means.
Phil #3

Old December 18th 04, 07:27 PM
Moon Shyne

"Phil #3" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in message

"Lanark" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

[...]

So the son I buried in 1997....... that was all a mirage? Done with mirrors?

Phil #3

Old December 19th 04, 12:36 AM
Lanark

"Moon Shyne" wrote in

Ruined over child support money? Get some perspective.

How is this for a perspective!

I will no longer be able to enjoy the simple things as taking my wife to
dinner, driving a decent dependable car, live in a place of minimal
acceptable quality housing, visiting my family in Canada. Prisons come in
many forms, why should I be sentenced for something I have no control
over?????

My child is not starving and living quite comfortable in a 4 bedroom house
in the burbs.
Is there some reason that the Government must intervene to get this child
more money than they need?

I grew up with minimal needs in a full family of 5, why does the goverment
think that a child needs $1,100 a month to be maintained? How many pairs of
shoes can you buy a child in one year?

Perhaps the modern life style is to blame where kids get anything they ask
for!