Black+white caterpillars are poisonous

Old August 13th 11, 07:32 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.health,misc.consumers.frugal-living
zeez JosephineJoseph rules

Default Black+white caterpillars are poisonous

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

Example: [Collected via e-mail, August 2011]

Little white and black caterpillars all over are POISONOUS. they are
apparently new to the area..... doctors say there has been numerous
kids having reactions to them. the rash spreads fast. the caterpillars
have long white hairs that embed in skin and send poison through out
the body. DO NOT TOUCH and DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS TOUCH!!! they look
cute and fuzzy and THEY ARE NOT! Please repost to everyone you know
with little kids!!

(more on web site)

--
## _________________________________________________
###### l l
Old August 16th 11, 04:42 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.health,misc.consumers.frugal-living
news[_4_]

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

Example: [Collected via e-mail, August 2011]

Little white and black caterpillars all over are POISONOUS. they are
apparently new to the area..... doctors say there has been numerous
kids having reactions to them. the rash spreads fast. the caterpillars
have long white hairs that embed in skin and send poison through out
the body. DO NOT TOUCH and DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS TOUCH!!! they look
cute and fuzzy and THEY ARE NOT! Please repost to everyone you know
with little kids!!

If your kid plays with caterpillars and they die, too bad. BTW, what
species are these "black and white" caterpillars?
Old August 23rd 11, 03:21 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.health,misc.consumers.frugal-living
deja.blues

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

If you eat caterpillars you deserve to die.
Old August 30th 11, 01:56 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.health,misc.consumers.frugal-living
enigma

"deja.blues" wrote in -
privat.org:

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

If you eat caterpillars you deserve to die.

tussock hairs might irritate some people, but that doesn't mean "OMG!!!
it's poisonous!!!" really, it's no big deal at all.
lee
Old September 8th 11, 03:48 AM posted to misc.kids,misc.kids.health,misc.consumers.frugal-living
deja.blues

On 8/29/2011 8:56 PM, enigma wrote:
wrote in -
privat.org:

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

If you eat caterpillars you deserve to die.

tussock hairs might irritate some people, but that doesn't mean "OMG!!!
it's poisonous!!!" really, it's no big deal at all.
lee

Hey, I'm on the side of the caterpillars!
Old January 3rd 13, 07:44 AM
thimday thimday is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja.blues View Post
On 8/29/2011 8:56 PM, enigma wrote:
wrote in -
privat.org:

On 8/13/2011 2:32 AM, zeez JosephineJoseph rules wrote:
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/insects/tussock.asp

Claim: Black and white caterpillars are venomous.
TRUE

If you eat caterpillars you deserve to die.

tussock hairs might irritate some people, but that doesn't mean "OMG!!!
it's poisonous!!!" really, it's no big deal at all.
lee

Hey, I'm on the side of the caterpillars!
I also had this problem since last week. Thanks for this post! I got to at least get rid of the problem. I'm back to firefox.

A Poisonous Move for Kids by CDC Ilena Rose Kids Health 1 March 9th 06 02:09 AM
Black Children in Texas’ Foster Care Fare Worse than Others, Study Says,,Date: Tuesday, January 17, 2006,By: Michael H. Cottman ,,Black social workers said last week that a new study about black children and foster care is troubling and raises seriou wexwimpy Foster Parents 0 January 18th 06 04:33 PM
black tie! Anne Rogers Breastfeeding 4 December 5th 05 11:50 PM
Poisonous Plants? [email protected] General 0 January 22nd 05 01:38 AM