pregnant?

Old October 28th 05, 08:07 PM

Default pregnant?

Hi,
I am wondering could I be pregnant...I have a 26/27-day cycle and am
absolutely always regular...I was supposed to start on the 24th, 25th
the latest, but nothing until today. I am having no cramps (extremely
unusual for me) and also the bleeding is much lighter and sort of
watery. Usually I bleed heavily for the first 2/3 days and have such
strong cramps I can barely function. i did a urine test yesterday and
it was negative (didn't use the first morning urine). As for the other
symptoms, I am extremely exhausted and can't seem to get enough sleep,
was slightly nauseated a week ago and have food problems (oscillations
in appetite, stomach reactions to some food, etc)Also, I have a
"feeling" I might be pregnant..am I just imagining it or has anybody
had similar symptoms?I am not planning a child now, but the idea has
sort of grown on me in the last couple of days...advice, please,
anybody?

Old October 28th 05, 08:55 PM
Blue Eyes Blue

I'd go to the dr....sometimes home preg tests are not accurate....check
it out though to make sure and get some proper pre-natal care for
yourself and the baby!

Old October 28th 05, 08:59 PM
PK

wrote:
Hi,
I am wondering could I be pregnant...I have a 26/27-day cycle and am
absolutely always regular...I was supposed to start on the 24th, 25th
the latest, but nothing until today. I am having no cramps (extremely
unusual for me) and also the bleeding is much lighter and sort of
watery. Usually I bleed heavily for the first 2/3 days and have such
strong cramps I can barely function.

Cycles can vary for a number of different reasons, including stress,
overwork, illness etc. Barring the use of contraceptives to regulate
your cycle, there can be normal variations in a "regular" cycle.

i did a urine test yesterday and it was negative (didn't use the first morning urine). As for the other symptoms, I am extremely exhausted and can't seem to get enough sleep, was slightly nauseated a week ago and have food problems (oscillations in appetite, stomach reactions to some food, etc)Also, I have a "feeling" I might be pregnant..am I just imagining it or has anybody had similar symptoms?I am not planning a child now, but the idea has sort of grown on me in the last couple of days...advice, please,
anybody?

If you have been sexually active in the past month without
contraceptive use, it is entirely possible that you are pregnant. Your
symptoms certainly suggest so, but barring a positive HPT, nothing is
certain.
I would suggest repeating the home pregnancy test in 4 or 5 days. You
will most probably get a conclusive result then.

Either way, good luck.

PK.

Old October 28th 05, 09:41 PM
Blue Eyes Blue

Dont put all your trust in home preg tests. I did, got a negative
responce and found out 3 wks later I was preg....a blood test from the
dr/lab will clear your mind 100% and give you a definate answer.

Old October 28th 05, 10:05 PM

Two people in this thread has suggested that HPTs are not as
reliable as tests at the doc's office. I think it depends on
teh test, adn some are. Also, since the HGC levels rise
rapidly during early pregnancy, waiting a few days can make
all the difference, just as accurate as the docs and a lot
cheaper, IMO. Maybe someone can post the most accurate test
brands.

Larry
Old October 28th 05, 10:33 PM
V.

wrote in message ...

Two people in this thread has suggested that HPTs are not as
reliable as tests at the doc's office. I think it depends on
teh test, adn some are. Also, since the HGC levels rise
rapidly during early pregnancy, waiting a few days can make
all the difference, just as accurate as the docs and a lot
cheaper, IMO. Maybe someone can post the most accurate test
brands.

Larry

You got it! Here's a list of brand sensitivities.
http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hpt.html

I think the OP should repeat the test with first morning urine. Dilution
can make a big difference.

Amy

Old October 29th 05, 12:43 AM
oregonchick

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Well, your bleeding is too early to be implantation bleeding, but you never
know. You might be pregnant. Still, hormone fluctuations can cause all
sorts of weird symptoms, including all that you are describing. I wouldn't
worry.

Old October 29th 05, 12:44 AM
oregonchick

"Blue Eyes Blue" wrote in message
ups.com...
Dont put all your trust in home preg tests. I did, got a negative
responce and found out 3 wks later I was preg....a blood test from the
dr/lab will clear your mind 100% and give you a definate answer.

Yes, but what doctors give blood tests? Mine wouldn't until I was over a
month late.

Old October 29th 05, 12:45 AM
oregonchick

wrote in message ...

Two people in this thread has suggested that HPTs are not as
reliable as tests at the doc's office. I think it depends on
teh test, adn some are. Also, since the HGC levels rise
rapidly during early pregnancy, waiting a few days can make
all the difference, just as accurate as the docs and a lot
cheaper, IMO. Maybe someone can post the most accurate test
brands.

Larry

I guess I agree with this. I used a EPT that was good for up to 4 days
before missed period, and sure enough, 4 days before my period was supposed
to start, I got a positive test.