first time here...

Old October 30th 05, 10:54 PM
Katrisha Cuttler

Default first time here...

Hello all. I was told I might be able to get some help or at least input
from this newsgroup. I'm 29, I have a 4 year old boy, in fairly healthy
shape. I however have been getting my period earlier and earlier each month.
I've had laser surgery on my cervix when I was in my early 20's, after my
son was born, about 2 or 3 years later, I got my period for over a year,
until I went on the D.P. shot. After that, everything was normal, I decided
to go on the pill, my husband and I wanted to wait until after we were
married to have another one, my son is not biologically his. I kept
forgetting to take it so, I decided to use other methods of birth control
and go off the pill. My period remained the same and regular for months,
every 16th. On the day of my wedding, I got my period, the 10th of
September, I figured it was stress and nothing to worry about. October, it
came the 6th, ok, weird, but fine. It is still October, the 30th to be
exact, 8 days till I SHOULD get my period....IT'S BACK!!!! 8 days early, I'm
cramping unbelievably bad, I have a hard time walking, and my husband and I
were starting to talk about having another child. If anyone has had similar
problems or just know about this kind of stuff and could give me some input
that would be great. Right now I don't have a family doctor, I'll have one
on Wednesday so if I could have some piece of mind until then that would be
great.

Kat

Old October 31st 05, 12:14 AM
Jamie Clark

Katrisha,
Okay, first of all, having your period on the same day each month doesn't
make your period regular, since there aren't the same number of days in each
month. It's weird, and it's a coincidence, and it's regular on the
calendar, but it's not regular for a menstrual cycle. If every month had
exactly 30 days, then yes, it would be regular, since you would have a 30
day cycle. But every month does not have 30 days...some have 31, and every
once in a while, one has 28 or 29.

According to what you wrote, it appears that you are currently having a
25-26 day cycle. If your period came on August 16th, then September 10th
would be 25 days, then October 6th would be 26 days, and then October 30th
would be 25 days. It's likely pretty normal to have your cycle change as you
get older, so as long as it continues to come about every 25-28 days, I
wouldn't worry overly much about it.

So, at this point, although your cycle may be shorter than it has been in
the past, it's pretty regular. And as long as it's regular, it's likely
that you can still conceive without problems.
Based on a 25-26 day cycle, you are likely ovulating on cd 11-12, so you
should be having sex from cd 8-14, just to be safe.

From now on, stop looking at the exact date on the calendar (16th), and
count 25 days from when your period started, and that will tell you when you
can probably expect your next period.

Good luck!
--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old October 31st 05, 02:07 PM
oregonchick

"Katrisha Cuttler" wrote in message
news
[...]

Sounds like your cycles may be getting a little shorter. But a fluctuation
in cycle length of a few days is NORMAL. Especially after big life changes
like marriage. Trust me, I just went through that last year. Moved in with
fiancee in August, bought a house together in October, travelled to Germany
for 3 weeks to meet parents in December, moved into new house in February.
For this entire time, my period was absolutely bonkers. And heavy. And
super painful. And then....I got pregnant in March! Right after I started
a new job! It's no big deal. It might be a pain in the ass, but sometimes,
that's the way it goes. I thought there must be something majorly wrong
with me, but nope.