8 month old gags then vomits food

Old January 8th 06, 03:29 PM posted to misc.kids.health

Default 8 month old gags then vomits food

I'm new to the group so I do not know if this has been asked before. My 8
month old boy is bottle fed and eats beginner/6month old baby food. We
tried him on 8 month old baby food a couple of times and he gags then vomits
everything he ate in the past few hours. We stopped giving that food but
every now and then he does the same with the cereals that we give him and
they are relatively smooth. He has been eating cereal for some time now so
I don't know why he gags on it now.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks

Old January 8th 06, 11:43 PM posted to misc.kids.health

"bones" wrote in message
I'm new to the group so I do not know if this has been asked before. My 8
month old boy is bottle fed and eats beginner/6month old baby food. We
tried him on 8 month old baby food a couple of times and he gags then

vomits
everything he ate in the past few hours. We stopped giving that food but
every now and then he does the same with the cereals that we give him and
they are relatively smooth. He has been eating cereal for some time now

so
I don't know why he gags on it now.

I wouldn't panic just yet. Make sure he's as upright as possible when you
feed him. Try the same food after a few seconds in a blender. That will tell
you if it's the texture or the food itself. One of our twins did much the
same for the first year. He would even do it with milk at night. Great fun
at 3am!

Old January 10th 06, 12:26 AM posted to misc.kids.health

Talk to either a naturopathic doctor (Yellow Pages) or an alternative
doctor (www.acam.org). Maybe your child has some type of delayed food
sensitivity (allergy). The test that allergist do for food allergies
and food sensitivities are not 100% accurate. I am sensitive to corn,
so I can't have anything made from corn (like High Fructose Corn Syrup,
Corn Starch, distilled vinegar, MSG, etc.). If you are sensitive to
soy, you can't have textured vegetable protein, and other additives
made from soy. Maybe your child has this type of problem?

Brad_Chad

Old January 10th 06, 12:42 AM posted to misc.kids.health

An over active gag reflex is much more likely and quite common....

Lots if info..
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=369169

Old January 13th 06, 02:59 AM posted to misc.kids.health

Feel very bad about children, so will give you an unusual possibility.
Not saying this is the solution, but possible if it is not easily diagnosed.
Is anyone around the child on anti-depressants or stimulants. Hard to
imagine, but stimulants have an uncanny ability to transfer harm to a person
For a child, I think the person would have to be in the child's presence,
but sometimes it happens simply by a mind/body connection evem of they are
not in the child's presence. Stimulants, for some reason can affect a
child/person's body by making them ill.
Stimulants for this purpose are Xanax, Buspar, Depakote, all
anti-depressants, kava kava, st johns wort, or any herb that has a
stimulant, Flexeril, marijuana, cocaine etc, etc. etc.
By cessation of the stimulant, the child will be normal. This is
unscientific, illogical, but I know this (no physician, just a layperson) to
be empirical fact from many, many instances.
Just difficult to believe, but if one can relate to it, it just may be the
reason. Nothing to buy, just a little astuteness may solve the problem.
Om older people, it is the cause of crohns illness. And in crohns, the
two or more people can be miles and miles apart, still the mind/body
connection transmits the harm. A child cannot express his feelings, so
it is possible he is feeling the effects of stimulants. Give it a go.
It may be the solution.
Not many recognize this, but everyone should be aware of the side effects of
stimulants which can be disastrous. Sould appreciate some feedback. I
am hoping your child will be allaright.
Gail Michael I know this is very unusual, if it not the case, maybe
someone else has ideas.

Old January 13th 06, 07:44 PM posted to misc.kids.health

This is Gail with the unusual post here also. All others could be right
in their advice, but I can tell you that in Chicago, at the John Stroger
Hospital, a public hospital, babies that have mothers on recreational drugs
or other stimulants, have rumination (throwing up problems)
They are taken from the mothers and given to surrogate caretakers to solve
this problem.
The doctor explained to me that they feel the baby is trying to bond with
the mother and because of the drugs, cannot. So the rumination is their
reflex. I told her no, it is because any anti-depressant or stimulant
has the uncanny ability to cause harm, mental and bodily, as a side effect.
Crohns and Ulcerative Colitis are side effects.
Unfortunately no one or hardly anyone takes this seriously, and to those I
say, this is the MOST serious of manmade conditions and will effect us all
eventually due to the high and increasing use of stimulants.
I sincerely wish someone would notice this and come out. I need someone on
my bandwagon, and although it will cause a maelstrom, it needs to be
recognized.
For goodness sake, why all the silence on this when I write. I can take
criticsm.
How else will this come out in the open and save countless lives.
Gail Michael