Expecting the unexpected...?

Old September 14th 08, 09:19 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Eowyn

Default Expecting the unexpected...?

I posted here in the years 2003-2005 when I was TTC and suffered 4 MC's,
but eventually gave birth to healthy twins after clomid treatment.
They are now 3yo. With another 6yo we thought things were complete, but
we never really made a decision one way or the other.

Now it seems nature has decided for us: this morning I had a positive
HPT. Just one unprotected event did it, I feel extremely stupid and am
still getting used to the idea. Although I would very much welcome
another child, I have to see this through the first trimester before
believing in it.

Tomorrow I will see my doctor and have blood testing done. I'll ask him
for an u/s in week 7 to check for heartbeat.

mom to DS (6yo)
mom to DS and DD (3yo)
guardian of DH (age classified)
and one tiny pea in the making
Old September 15th 08, 11:32 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Welches

"Eowyn" wrote in message
l.nl...
I posted here in the years 2003-2005 when I was TTC and suffered 4 MC's,
but eventually gave birth to healthy twins after clomid treatment. They are
now 3yo. With another 6yo we thought things were complete, but we never
really made a decision one way or the other.

Now it seems nature has decided for us: this morning I had a positive HPT.
Just one unprotected event did it, I feel extremely stupid and am still
getting used to the idea. Although I would very much welcome another
child, I have to see this through the first trimester before believing in
it.

Tomorrow I will see my doctor and have blood testing done. I'll ask him
for an u/s in week 7 to check for heartbeat.

I remember you! Congratulations!
Debbie

Old September 17th 08, 02:16 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Kat

"Eowyn" wrote in message
l.nl...
I posted here in the years 2003-2005 when I was TTC and suffered 4 MC's,
but eventually gave birth to healthy twins after clomid treatment. They are
now 3yo. With another 6yo we thought things were complete, but we never
really made a decision one way or the other.

Now it seems nature has decided for us: this morning I had a positive HPT.
Just one unprotected event did it, I feel extremely stupid and am still
getting used to the idea. Although I would very much welcome another
child, I have to see this through the first trimester before believing in
it.

Tomorrow I will see my doctor and have blood testing done. I'll ask him
for an u/s in week 7 to check for heartbeat.

mom to DS (6yo)
mom to DS and DD (3yo)
guardian of DH (age classified)
and one tiny pea in the making

Congrats!
I remember you... My DD1 was born shortly after yours were, if I remember
correct.

Old September 17th 08, 10:16 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
lu-lu

"Eowyn" wrote in message
l.nl...
I posted here in the years 2003-2005 when I was TTC and suffered 4 MC's,
but eventually gave birth to healthy twins after clomid treatment.
They are now 3yo. With another 6yo we thought things were complete, but
we never really made a decision one way or the other.

Now it seems nature has decided for us: this morning I had a positive
HPT. Just one unprotected event did it, I feel extremely stupid and am
still getting used to the idea. Although I would very much welcome
another child, I have to see this through the first trimester before
believing in it.

Tomorrow I will see my doctor and have blood testing done. I'll ask him
for an u/s in week 7 to check for heartbeat.

mom to DS (6yo)
mom to DS and DD (3yo)
guardian of DH (age classified)
and one tiny pea in the making

Congratulations!! I know what you mean about this strange stage though as I
also had 4 MC's before having my DD (now 2yo) - it's an odd feeling, you
want to get excited, but you don't quite dare... I really hope all goes well
for you *hugs*

Lucy x

Old September 17th 08, 03:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

Eowyn wrote:
I posted here in the years 2003-2005 when I was TTC and suffered 4 MC's,
but eventually gave birth to healthy twins after clomid treatment. They
are now 3yo. With another 6yo we thought things were complete, but we
never really made a decision one way or the other.

Now it seems nature has decided for us: this morning I had a positive
HPT.

Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I have another on-line friend
with the same situation and she is having her little boy on Monday
For some reason I'm having a hard time remembering who you are but I
know it will come to me, lol. I've been here since my oldest and he is
9yo now. I have twins too - they are 2.5yo. They are very, very, VERY,
TWO, hee hee.

--

Nikki, mama to Hunter, Luke, Ben, Brock.
Old September 19th 08, 09:51 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Eowyn

Nikki wrote:
Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I have another on-line friend
with the same situation and she is having her little boy on Monday
For some reason I'm having a hard time remembering who you are but I
know it will come to me, lol. I've been here since my oldest and he is
9yo now. I have twins too - they are 2.5yo. They are very, very, VERY,
TWO, hee hee.

I do remember you Nikki! As I recall you got the news of the twins just
about when I was moving back from the US to Europe. You may recall my
real name: Ilse. But then, if you don't, that's OK :-)

Just wanted to wish you strenght and endurance with the twins at this
age. It will get better!
Old September 19th 08, 03:26 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

Eowyn wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Congratulations!! That is so exciting! I have another on-line friend
with the same situation and she is having her little boy on Monday
For some reason I'm having a hard time remembering who you are but I
know it will come to me, lol. I've been here since my oldest and he
is 9yo now. I have twins too - they are 2.5yo. They are very, very,
VERY, TWO, hee hee.

I do remember you Nikki! As I recall you got the news of the twins just
about when I was moving back from the US to Europe. You may recall my
real name: Ilse. But then, if you don't, that's OK :-)

Just wanted to wish you strenght and endurance with the twins at this
age. It will get better!

I remember now!! It came to me last night This is a really cute,
fun, yet hard age. They are not talking yet so that adds a little extra
meltdown here and there, lol. I'm having to learn new ways of dealing
since what works with one does not work with two!

--

Nikki
Old September 21st 08, 08:00 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Eowyn

Nikki wrote:
I remember now!! It came to me last night This is a really cute,
fun, yet hard age. They are not talking yet so that adds a little extra
meltdown here and there, lol. I'm having to learn new ways of dealing
since what works with one does not work with two!

Once they start to talk, it gets a little better. You will find they are
imitating you and correcting each other. Do you notice them
communicating in their own language? Or perhaps with just body language?
I noticed at that age that the twins would swap toys at some unnoticable
signal, or one would fetch a toy for the other without a clear question.

Have you come to the point that they gang up on you? I had them both
sitting down in front of the supermarket, with me carrying two bags of
groceries... But it makes for great anecdotes :-)

Old September 22nd 08, 03:06 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy
Nikki

Eowyn wrote:

Once they start to talk, it gets a little better. You will find they are
imitating you and correcting each other. Do you notice them
communicating in their own language? Or perhaps with just body language?
I noticed at that age that the twins would swap toys at some unnoticable
signal, or one would fetch a toy for the other without a clear question.

I don't really see/hear a language but they do communicate. It is fun
to watch them with their games because you are right - they do have some
kind of common plan going that I can't figure out, lol.

Have you come to the point that they gang up on you? I had them both
sitting down in front of the supermarket, with me carrying two bags of
groceries... But it makes for great anecdotes :-)

lalalalalal :fingers-in-ears: No - not ganging up on me yet. I
have older boys (7 and 9) and they can be a great help at times.

--

Nikki, mama to 4 boys.

we are expecting you 2Barter08 General 0 March 23rd 08 06:40 PM
Expecting in April 08 [email protected] Pregnancy 4 December 19th 07 06:26 AM
Rude or am I expecting too much? Engram General 54 September 16th 06 10:15 PM
Expecting Critter #2 Pologirl Pregnancy 5 May 24th 05 10:47 PM
We're Expecting... KimandJuan Twins & Triplets 13 October 29th 04 08:20 PM