computer recommendations?

Old May 4th 09, 07:47 PM posted to misc.kids
news[_8_]

Default computer recommendations?

"toypup" wrote in message
My computer is too slow for editing and burning the videos of my children.
The computer either gets bogged down and is way too slow or it just
freezes. What type of system should I look for that would help me edit the
videos with breeze? TIA.

What are the specs? You might just be able to add more memory.

Old May 4th 09, 08:35 PM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"news" wrote in message ...

"toypup" wrote in message
My computer is too slow for editing and burning the videos of my
children. The computer either gets bogged down and is way too slow or it
just freezes. What type of system should I look for that would help me
edit the videos with breeze? TIA.

What are the specs? You might just be able to add more memory.

It has 2 GB of RAM. Not a computer geek here. What else do I need to look
for?

Old May 4th 09, 11:18 PM posted to misc.kids
Me Myself and I[_4_]

More RAM. RAM is what helps the speed of the programs that you use on the
computer. No point having lots of hard drive space ie 80GB if you don't
have the speed to deal with all the information on it. At 2GB that's not
too bad but if you can upgrade to 4 that would be better. But it all
depends on your processor whether it's capable of being able to be upgraded
with more RAM. Your best bet is to print of your system stats and going
into a local computer place and asking them.

If you are planning on buying a new system go for as much RAM as they can
possibly fit into it, I would go for 8GB if I were buying a new computer It
might cost you a couple of hundred dollars extra but it would be worth it to
have speed be not an issue. Also get a computer with an actual graphics
card. Not just an inbuilt one like most computers have but an actual
graphics card that they will slot in for you. It will just make for a
better machine all around.

--
Pip, in NZ

My girls :
DD1 Jasmine - 5 weeks early - March 02 - 4lb 12oz
7 now and such a treasure.

DD2 Abby - 8 weeks early - Feb 05 - 3lb 14oz
4 now and so grown up

"Yes you can drive me insane just by talking to me!"

Old May 5th 09, 04:50 AM posted to misc.kids
toypup[_2_]

"Me Myself and I" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. I will keep an eye out for 8 GB and a graphics card.

Stroller recommendations? KD Pregnancy 8 January 22nd 06 11:47 PM
Looking for book recommendations John Solutions 3 May 23rd 05 09:04 PM
Sling recommendations please Elle Pregnancy 3 February 4th 05 04:21 PM
Computer Game Recommendations P. Tierney General 5 April 5th 04 03:48 PM
Sci-Fi book recommendations for 11 yo Howard Sage General (moderated) 28 January 25th 04 03:48 AM